I’ve been making these cheesecakes for years, they take no time at all to make and while I have a mini cheesecake pan, you can easily make these in a muffin pan.
This recipe is so easy to adapt, should you want chocolate cheesecakes, simply add 6 ounces of melted semi sweet chocolate and substitute the vanilla for rum extract. These are so quick to make, it’s easy to make a lot of them at once.
Mini Brûlée Cheesecakes
(Makes 24 mini cheesecakes)
2 – 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese. (I use light cream cheese)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
24 cookies (your choice – Oreos, chips Ahoy, ginger snap)
Sugar and torch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using a mini cheesecake pan, spray with baking spray (if using a muffin pan, line the pan with paper liners.
- Place one cookie in each cup.
- In stand mixer, beat cream cheese for 3 minutes with sugar and salt.
- Scrape down bowl, slowly add in eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl down after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and mix for one minute on low speed.
- Scrape down bowl and divide mixture between the 24 cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes, the remove to a cooling rack and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to brûlée, sprinkle the tops with sugar and either using a small torch or the broiler, brûlée the tops.