This is what happens when I buy a bunch of bananas for my youngest son and he forgets they’re on the counter. I hate throwing them away, so banana muffins it is, and the added joy of chocolate chips makes them even better!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
(Makes 24 muffins)
5 medium sized bananas, mashed
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs, large
1 tsp. Vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
3/4 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get 2 muffin tins ready, sprayed with baking spray.
- Mash bananas.
- Whisk together sugars, eggs, vanilla. Whisk for about a minute.
- Add in, slowly, while whisking, the oil.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Add in the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix together.
- Divide batter between the two muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the pans half way through.
- Remove from the pans and cool on a cooling rack.