Every few years my mom would make honey glazed carrots. It wasn’t often, but when she did it was awesome. It was the only time I would actually eat carrots.
I’ve been making these for a few years now and they go great with everything from roast, chicken and turkey, oh and sauerbraten.
Start off with 2 lbs. of carrots, peeled and chopped.
Cover with water and a big pinch or two of salt. Bring to a boil and cook till desired doneness. Drain away the water and then add in the honey (1/2 cup), along with the salt, pepper, cinnamon and onion powder.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Honey Glazed Carrots
2 lbs. carrots (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Onion powder
3/4 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp. Pepper or to taste
- Peel and chop carrots. Place in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until desired doneness.
- Drain water and place carrots in the pot back on the heat.
- Pour in the honey and spices. Stir to combine.
- Cook carrots in honey for 10 minutes and serve.
- Alternatively you can let the carrots cool (once cooked in the honey) and then store in the fridge and reheat the next day.