These are the easiest buns to make, especially if you are strapped for time.
Start off by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together slightly more than a cup of warm water (110 to 115 degrees F) with 2 Tbsp. Active dry yeast (yes, I know that is a lot of yeast, but these buns need it to work overtime for the next 30 minutes), add in 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of oil (I use olive oil but you can use whichever oil you prefer). Stir this to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
Next add in 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1 tsp. salt and 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. With the dough hook attachment, turn your mixer to speed 4 (Kitchenaid) for 5 minutes. Remove dough from bowl and divide into 12 equal portions, forming them into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, remove the plastic wrap and bake in your preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes, turning half way through to ensure even baking.
While the buns are baking, melt 2 Tbsp. Butter in a small bowl and stir in 1 tsp. Honey once the butter is melted.
Once removed from the oven brush with melted butter/honey mixture over the buns. Remove the buns from the pan to a cooling rack to cool.
These are absolutely great when you just don’t gave all day to let bread dough rise.
Okay, so technically these can take anywhere from 28 to 35 minutes, but still very quick.
30 Minute Buns
(makes 12 buns)
1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. Warm water (110 To 115 degrees F)
2 Tbsp. Active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. Salt
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 tsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In bowl of stand mixer,mix together warm water, yeast, sugar and oil. Wait 5 minutes.
- Add in beaten egg, salt and flour. Turn mixer on to speed 4 (Kitchenaid) using the dough hook. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out of bowl and divide dough evenly into 12 buns, shaping them into rounds as you go along. Place onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover buns with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and place in preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes, rotating half way through.
- While buns are baking, in a small bowl melt 2 Tbsp. Butter and the stir in 1 tsp. Honey.
- Once you remove from the oven, quickly brush with melted butter/honey mixture. (This is completely optional).
- Remove to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.